Information for Cardholders
Make your Internet purchases safely with a ServiRed card (Visa or MasterCard). All you must do is to register your card in your bank’s secure purchases program. That way, to make a purchase on a commercial web site displaying the “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard SecureCode” emblem, you can authenticate your identity using a password, or cell phone, or another method chosen by your bank. Thus way only you can use your card for on-line purchases.
Information for Merchants
ServiRed’s member financial institutions offer secure electronic merchant solutions that are simple to implement. These solutions serve to verify cardholders’ identities to ensure the security of payments, while minimizing fraud and chargebacks.
EMV is the globally-agreed standard that guarantees the interoperability of transactions made with chip cards.
The SEPA Cards Framework also designated EMV as the standard for ensuring interoperability within the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA).
One of the major advantages of EMV is its protection against fraud, although in the Spanish market, where almost all traffic generated with magnetic stripe cards is authorized on-line, in recent years Spain’s card issuers have experienced rates of fraud that are lower than the European average.
EMV cards have a number of advantages over magnetic stripe cards:
- Memory capacity: They can store a lot more information.
- Information processing capacity: magnetic stripe cards can only store data, while smart cards store both data and processing applications. In addition, the data can be modified and updated, and new applications can be added, without having to change the card.
- Multiple uses of a single card: a single ServiRed smart card can perform several different financial and non-financial functions.
- Greater security: smart cards can be protected against fraudulent use via encryption techniques.
ServiRed markets Advantis, a family of products and services based on international EMV chip technology standards that provides the entire infrastructure necessary for processing financial transactions with multi-application smart cards.
Some of the key advantages offered by Advantis are:
- compatibility with different card suppliers, thus offering customers a wider choice
- reliability, security and speed, thanks to the system architecture, which reduces transaction time and costs by operating off-line
- minimal counterfeit risk thanks to the combination of authentication methods on/offline mode
- multi-application capacity whereby a single technology supports any financial application
- multiple profiles, since the card can be parameterized in accordance with each user and the needs of the issuer
- support solutions that facilitate and speed the card issue process
- versatility of memory capacity, thanks to the wide range of masks with different capacities
- specific user-defined functionalities and procedures, along with technical support in all the stages of card production and incident management, via thorough operational testing
Every intellectual property right of the Advantis operating system and programs, excluding the distribution right, which corresponds to ServiRed, belongs to Redsys.