Member institutions of the ServiRed have 40 million cards issued. In 2014 total payments made with these cards reached 77,780 million euros.
How They Work
In Spain, nearly 100% of card transactions were authorized in on line in real time.
When a cardholder makes a payment or needs to withdraw cash, the merchant terminal or ATM requests authorization from the cardholder’s financial institutions
The institution’s server checks to see that there are sufficient funds in the cardholder’s account or that the cardholder’s credit limit has not been reached before authorizing and effecting the transaction, debiting
the amount to the cardholder’s current or credit account.
An identical procedure is followed when the card was issued in a different country, although in some cases the transaction may be authorized without real-time contact with this issuing institution.
Where to Use Them
In Spain, at more than 1 million retail establishments and more than 60,000 ATMs belonging to the three domestic ATM networks: ServiRed, Euro 6000 and Telebanco 4B.
In the rest of the world, at any of more than 38 million retail establishments and more than 2,000,000 ATMs displaying the Visa and MasterCard logos.
Thanks to its wide acceptance, coverage, travel insurance, and assistance services, a Visa/MasterCard Gold card is the ideal travel accessory. In addition, it will spare you the inconvenience of carrying cash for your everyday
purchases, while travelling, etc. While abroad, you won’t have the problem of receiving change in a foreign currency.
To obtain a ServiRed Visa or ServiRed MasterCard. Please contact any ServiRed member institution.
ServiRed products are designed to meet the specific needs of each of our customers.
In addition to their convenience for making transactions, they offer other services to cardholders.
- World Elite
The wide diversity of modern business has led to a huge range of companies with vastly differing and ever-changing structures, from independent professionals to large corporations. All these companies, however, are looking for highly-customised and value-added solutions to their needs in management, control and financing.
Visa and MasterCard have responded to this growing demand for customisation by creating a product portfolio which allows its Member Financial Institutions to provide specific solutions in the payment and management of purchasing, travel and entertainment expenses.
- The card must be signed by the cardholder and it is absolutely personal and non-transferable. For your security, demand that your identity be verified when you use it.
- Memorize your secret number. Never write it down or tell it to anyone. Never use a number that would be easy for a thief to figure out, such as your car license, birth date, etc.
- Destroy expired cards with scissors. Never dispose of intact cards.
- Remember the expiration date of your card. If you don’t receive a replacement before your card expires, immediately contact your Issuing Bank.
- When making a purchase, keep your card in sight at all times, and make sure it is returned to you.
- Before making a trip, check your card’s expiration date and your credit limit, and learn the assistance telephone number of the country or countries you plan to visit.
- Keep a copy of the receipt for all transactions to check against the account statement you will receive.
- Never delay in reporting the disappearance of a card. You can call any time of day or night. The sooner you make this fundamental call, the better.
Very important: Never delay in reporting the disappearance of a card. You can call any time of day or night. The sooner you make this fundamental call, the better.
If you are in Spain, in case of theft or loss call immediately our 24h assistance service:
|902 19 21 00|
When you are abroad, in an emergency situation, please call the following assistance line:
|+34 91 774 26 21|